by Tony York
It is important to buy pigs (or piglets) from a recognised breeder, doing so ensures that the pigs are healthy and meet all breeding standards. Furthermore, dealing with recognised breeders guarantees that you will have someone to refer to if and when you require assistance.
A good breeder will be more than a supplier s/he will also be a mine of information about that breed and pigs in general.
The best place to start looking for breeders of any particular breed of pig is either the British Pig Association or one of the recognised Breed Societies
1. The British Pig Association - www.britishpigs.org.uk - 01223 845100
2. Berkshire Pig Breeders Club - www.berkshirepigs.org.uk – 01989 750079
3. Gloucestershire Old Spots Breeders Club - www.oldspots.com - 01285 860229
4. Middle White Breeders Club: - 01753 654166
5. Tamworth Breeders Club - 01205 871792: - 07771 797613
6. British Saddleback Breeders Club - 01285 860229
7. Large Black Breeders Club - www.largeblackpigs.co.uk - 0161 976 4734
8. Oxford Sandy & Black Club - www.oxfordsandypigs.co.uk - 01722 718263
9. The Pedigree Welsh Pig Society - www.pedigreewelsh.com - 01656 724 914
10. Kune-Kune Pig Soc - www.britishkunekunesociety.org.uk 01981 240749
<< Back to home